My name is Bow-Tie and I want to talk to you.
Have you ever heard of The Giving Challenge?
It’s a wonderful opportunity for humans to help non-profit organizations raise much needed money.
I had the honor of serving as Spokescat for Cat Depot in the 2015 Giving Challenge.
The most recent newsletter from Cat Depot reminded me it’s that time a year again.
As we go into the 2016 Giving Challenge, I started to reflect on what happened last year.
When all the money from the 2015 Giving Challenge was counted, Cat Depot raised over $128,000!
Here’s my big shout-out to every single donor for their overwhelming support, whether they gave $1 or $1,000! Every dollar translates into saved lives at Cat Depot, and here are the feline facts:
* 1,648 cats were spayed in the Rose Durham Cat Care Clinic
* 1,430 cats and kittens were accepted into Cat Depot to be placed for adoption/fostering
* 1,332 cats and kittens were adopted – an 11% increase over the 2015 goal!
* 6,600 kittens were kept off the streets because of the spaying/neutering done at the Rose Durham Cat Care Clinic!
* 93 active fosters helped care for the kitties with dedication and love
* 400+ volunteers donated 21,888 hours of service to care for cats and kittens on-site
* 19,522 pounds of dry food and 8,757 cans of wet food were distributed through Cat Depot’s Food Ban, and that served 562 customers, fed 2,798 personal cats, and 5,933 community cats.
On a purrsonal note, I’d like to “paws” for a moment and think about that last number… the food.
Ahhh… that’s better.
Now back to business…
The 2016 Giving Challenge is going to be bigger than ever, because our goal this year is to raise $200,000!
We have wonderful donors and are looking forward to new donors joining us to help make a difference.
Every person can Be The One to make a difference.
Everyone has the opportunity to make a difference in the life of a cat like me.
When I think about the difference donors make at Cat Depot and how they changed my life, I am so thankful.
It warms my heart and makes me blush that donors care that much about the cats at Cat Depot.
You see, I have a keen interest in what happens at Cat Depot.
I was in really dire straits in life when Cat Depot swooped in to save me.
The highlights of last year are amazing.
The donors make it happen, and each one of them is amazing.
I may only be a cat to some people, but to Cat Depot my life mattered, and I’m a success story.
So many people helped save my life, and it all starts with generous donors.
I promise to do my part to spread the word about Cat Depot.
I challenge existing donors and new donors to gear up to give generously during the 2016 Giving Challenge.
It’s an exciting time of the year for non-profit organizations and Cat Depot is my purrsonal choice!
Can we count on you?
Here’s to the success of the 2015 Giving Challenge!
Here’s to even greater success in the 2016 Giving Challenge!
Cat Depot Spokescat
Read my blog at www.catdepot.org